Friday, November 21, 2008

PU YUAN RESTAURANT----FRIED TAPIOCA FLOUR

2 November 2008

PU YUAN RESTAURANT @ OLD KLANG ROAD, KL

After a 4 hours ride from Penang, my stomach sent out alert sound......mmm.... what should I eat?? That's my first question came to my mind......

On the way back home, my parents suggested to try this shop....This shop has been introduced by HOK CHAK , 8TV long ago.. Plus received quite positive review from friends , we decided to have a try...

The shop's specialty is the Hokkien traditional delicacies like fried Hokkien style noodle, fried seasoned steamed pork rice noodle and many more...

So we orderes 2 types of fried noodle for testing...



Fried Seasoned Steamed Pork Beehoon ( RM 13.00 for 2 persons)

The appearance didn't impress me , as can see from the pic.

The taste is moderate, and the point that made me disappointed is the pork. From the taste, we know that it is a canned pork ......as we have made this dish before ......So, quite disappointed....



Fried Tapioca Flour ( RM6.50 for single person)


This is the speacial part of this shop---fried tapioca flour ( direct translate from mandarin).
Many sure ask this question " How can we fry tapioca flour?". That's why it's an attraction of this shop.

The texture is very different from any type of noodles, it's soft, nice to be chewed and ...not gummy...Fried with sliced pork and sauce , this dish's aroma sure entices me right away. A good combination of all ingredients comes out a special dish.....Higly recommend..




Minced Pork Roll (RM6.00)

Quite different texture compared with my grandmum's recipe.. The pork is chopped into tiny pieces , flour is used for sticking all the pork and some carrot, then rolled with pork fat....I know it's quite disgusting for somebody , but this is the traditional way for Hokkien dish...

It's well fried---crispy skin, soft and tender meat plus not too oily.... One word--satisified..


It's quite hard to search for this shop, as it's not facing to the road....


It's situated behind post office, beside a Bak Kut Teh shop....If still can't find it , get some info from local people.....


It's quite expensive for me , RM6.50 for a plate of fried noodle.....but can try the fried tapioca flour as it's rare in KL....even my mom doesn't have any idea of this dish( because she is a typical Hokkien).

The details:

Restoran PuYuan
No.112, Batu 4 1/2,
Jalan Klang Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur.

03-7982 4410

Mr.Lee

016-2790 629
012-3642 684

Notes:

Thursday is a rest day for them..

2 comments:

Omega said...

I went to this shop today due to the good comments from blogs, but, alas, I was very very disappointed.

For 2 adults, we ordered the fried sweet potatoes noodle, fried glass noodles and fried century eggs and these all added up to RM26. When I asked the lady why so expensive, she told us the fried sweet potatoes noodle is for 2 persons. I protested that we only ordered 1 person portion for each of our dishes. How could we have ordered a 2 person portions of fried sweet potatoes noodle when we also had fried glass noodles and fried century eggs, when there were only 2 adults. And the portion of fried sweet potatoes noodle is so little, didn't seem to me like for 2 persons.

There is another shop opposite FGA church at Jalan Kuchai Lama. Also serve the similar foods, supposedly operated by a relative to this Restoran PuYuan. I think it's called Restoran Lim Kee. Taste way better and also charge accordingly, not conning people as the like one.

I regret going to Restoran Puyuan today, and it will be last time I get conned by them!

Mark

ChengChow said...

i agree with you FGA church there far better. i tried second time, its not worth to go again. Very sad to see a lot of nice old shops become con shop because of tv interview.